Thursday, December 17, 2009

Julius Caesar...

"Beware the Ides of March". This is one of the most famous quotes in the Shakespearean drama, Julius Caesar. William Shakespeare's play, Julius Caesar, mesmerized me with its unique writing style and supernatural elements.


William Shakespeare's style of writing differs in so many ways from other authors. He writes his plays in a way that requires a deeper thinking. Some stories are more straight forward, however in the play Julius Caesar, Shakespeare turns the words around to make them have more meaning.


I thought that the characters of the story each had something unique about them that made them interesting. They are confident, ambitious, and somewhat deranged. One character that I couldn't help but love was Mark Anthony. He always fought for the right cause. Anthony was also like the group problem solver. However, he also used a form of deceit to get revenge over the people that killed Caesar for the wrong reasons. Another character that I couldn't quite figure out was Brutus. Though he seemed to be on the good side, he sort of gave into peer pressure and moved over to the conspiracy. I wasn't completely sure what to think.

Julius Caesar was an excellent read! I would definitely recommend it to any reader, however I warn you now that the ending is slightly different than expected.

1 comment: