Thursday, December 17, 2009

Searching for David's Heart...

Have you ever lost someone very close to your heart? Did that person mean so much to you that when they were gone it was almost to much to bear? If so, then the book Searching for David's Heart can totally relate. The novel, Searching for David's Heart, by Cherie Bennett filled my heart with not only sadness, but also happiness.

By far, my favorite part of the story was the characters. Each of them were unique, and it was almost as if they were real people. One of my favorite characters in book was David. Though he was not there throughout the story, David was an excellent character. He was caring, funny, and loving. I sort of want him to be my brother! Another character that I enjoyed getting to know in the book was Sam. He was just a good friend, and an amazing magician. I thought that his comedic yet sweet character, made the book really enjoyable.

Cherie Bennett's writing style is much different than other books I have read from other authors. She writes with great detail, but also doesn't make it confusing. I loved reading this book because she would make the pictures and characters jump right off the page!

One major aspect that I loved about the book was all of the different settings where the main plot occurred. The author of Searching for David's Heart didn't limit the locations where of the story could go. The setting of this book took place at a house, school, and even at a carnival! I loved traveling to the different locations in the story as if I was actually there.

Overall, I would highly recommend Searching for David's Heart to any type of reader. It is a wonderful story about love, friendship, and courage.

1 comment: