Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dorothea Lange's Photos

By looking at Dorothea Langes's surprisingly morbid photos, initial reaction was sadness. Seeing the way that this family lives on an everyday basis sends chills up my spine. How can one mother take care of all those children and herself all at once?

These photos make me feel thankful for what I have. The fact that I can have a stable shelter, a fortunate lifestyle, and caring parents means the world to me. I do not know if I could even survive in the world in which they are living now.

However, though these photos evoke some disturbing and depressing emotions, it also makes me want to help people that are in need. Why would we not help these unfortunate people? It would only take a few minutes out of my day to go donate some money to the homeless shelter. Or I could even go a step further and send old clothes or bedding to an unfortunate country.

We should all be thankful for what we have, and we should also be caring enough to take into account how much other people suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment