Thursday, October 21, 2010

Books That Interest Me...

During the previous nine weeks, I did not do a very thorough and continuous job of reading. So I am making a Nine Weeks Resolution. By doing so, I have decided to force myself to get into the habit of reading AT LEAST thirty minutes everyday. To help with this, I have selected the books that I am going to read prior to the new nine weeks.

The Hunger Games: The first book that I am in the process of reading and that I had selected to read is The Hunger Games. I have heard multiple comments and reviews about this book from all different sorts of readers. And unlike most books that get "good" and "bad" statements, everything that has been said about The Hunger Games has been nothing but excellent. This book came out a while back, however I have just not gotten around to reading it. After reading the back and the first few pages of the book, I was already hooked. The concept of having to participate in a game that can result in life or death just blew my mind. It made me think about how that would effect my life if a member of my family was thrown into this game.

The Book Thief: As of now, my mom is occupying this particular book. She stole it from me. The Book Thief also was a book that had attracted my attention. Peer reviews of this book stated that it was one of their all time favorite books. This interested me and after reading the back of the book, the plot interested me as well.

The Kite Runner: I had previously tried to read this book when I was younger, however I couldn't get into it. This was mostly because it was hard to grasp the concept. During this nine weeks, I have decided to give it another shot. The writing style of the Kite Runner is unlike any other book I have read. I feel that by reading this book, I can broaden my range of understanding and it can help me better analyze other books that are written this way.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great list: I loved them all. I'll be interested to hear how your resolution fares!

    ReplyDelete