Friday, March 5, 2010

Writers Notebook--Determination

Sometimes, I think that the people that are competitors in the Olympics are just crazy. They work 18 hours a day attempting to defeat the impossible, and then they go all over the world challenging OTHER people to do what they do. However, this type of commitment is worth a lot. Not many people understand that this type of opportunity doesn't come along all the time, and that this is a great honor.

There are very few activities that I would make this type of extreme commitment for. And sure, I play soccer and I practice 5 days a week running around after a ball just so I can kick it. But some commitments are much less intense than others. But, if the thing that was being committed to was important enough, I would definitely make that kind of commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment