Friday, March 5, 2010

Writers Notebook--Persuasion

Persuasion. This is a word and a technique that I, myself, have become quite familiar with. I normally only utilize this technique when I want to get something I want, or if I am trying to help a friend. However, I do use this technique more often then I probably should.

I wouldn't say that I am a professional at the art of persuasion, but I do my fair share of using it to my advantage. Normally, I use the tactic of persuasion that makes people feel sorry for me (Pathos). This type of persuasion can be used when I want to get another cookie at dinner, or when I want to be able to wait another hour before starting my homework.

Persuasion is being used all around us! On television, in magazines, and even on the Internet. No wonder children are beginning to use it more often!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the art of persuasion has a lot of influence on you.

    ReplyDelete